Welcome to Mashape!
Mashape is the Cloud API Management and Marketplace where developers can discover, distribute, and consume private and public APIs; as well as offer free or monetized APIs. Whether you’re a consumer or provider, you’ll love Mashape’s rich set of features.
To get started, sign up and log into your account. You will be presented with the following screen.
Let's deconstruct this into three section:
- Site navigation 1
- Applications Navigation 2
- Application Dashboard 3
1. Site navigation
- Search Mashape: Find an API in the marketplace by name or keyword
- Explore APIs: Explore the marketplace for public APIs
- Docs: Developer documentation, guides and tutorials
- Applications: Quick access to all the applications you've created on Mashape
- My APIs: Quick access to all the APIs you've added to Mashape
- Your Profile: Access to your profile settings
2. Applications Navigation
- Applications: A dashboard showing all the APIs you've consumed in applications, with graphs of analytics over time.
- My APIs: A dashboard showing all the APIs you've added to Mashape, showing graphs of analytics over time.
- Subscriptions: A list of all the APIs you've consumed on Mashape, FREE and PAID, best way to review Pricing of APIs you're associated with
- Filter: Type the name of the application to filter the analytics.
- Analytics Period: Shows analytics over a certain period of time.
3. Applications Dashboard
- Applications are a way to group APIs together. Supposed you consume different APIs for various applications, you might be intersted in how the APIs perform. This is where "Applications" come in handy.