Private APIs & Inviting Developers
Mashape can keep your secrets. Private APIs are only visible to you or developers you’ve granted permission, such as team members or friends.
Table of Contents
Within the Mashape platform you can create private, or internal APIs. By default all newly added APIs on Mashape are private. This is perfect for companies or individuals that do not want their API in a public environment.
Mashape is a great solution for teams that require a sandbox or the ability to offer keys to select clients. Another option is to develop and test your private API in a secure location.
If and when you’re ready to make your API public, follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to your API's administration settings (Analytics and Settings, right hand side)
- Select General from the left menu
- Hit the Visibility switch.
If your API's description, logo and name are well defined, your API will be available in the marketplace.
Inviting users to consume your API
When an API is private, there is no way for developers to know about its existence. To invite friends or collaborators to test, consume or investigate your API we have created the invite functionality.
To invite a user to consume your private API, the user needs to be registered on Mashape.
These are the steps to invite a user to your private API on Mashape:
- Navigate to your Private API
- Click the Analytics and Settings button (right hand side)
- Hit the Invite developers option from the menu on the left
- In the popout modal: Enter the nickname of the user, search, confirm and invite
- If you added someone by mistake, or you want to remove a user to have access to your API you can remove it by clicking the Developers option from the menu on the left, find the user, click the down-pointing arrow and choose "Block Developer"
That's it, job done!